Coming into her own



Well, it seems Lillian is growing up. Here are a few of her antics from the last few days. We were at some friends house last week. All the adults were inside, so I (kyle) was outside monitoring the kids. When I got too close Lillian said: "Daddy, go inside now. I'm talking to the girls." I knew this would come, but I was thinking it would be during junior high.

A similar story: We were sitting on the couch together, and I had just turned on some of her PBS programming. Sensing that I might be staying for the show, she said: "Daddy is working now. Time to work." I got the hint and went to my study.

Recently, Katie told Lillian that she was going to wear a white dress in Aunt Rachel's wedding. Lillian's response: "I don't think so . . . [smirk] purple dress." And she nailed the 'I don't think so.'

And just tonight: Katie was at a church function, so Lillian and I were messing around/getting ready for bed. I told her to take a book to her room. Out of the blue, she said: "Kate's not here. Kate's not here." At first, I couldn't figure out what she was saying. Finally, I caught on and asked her about her choice of words, and she just chuckled.

Since I don't have any current photos to post, I've pulled these from the archive. Her facial expressions in them seemed to fit with the themes of this post.

Comments

oh man... I am absolutely dying here with laughter and falling out of my desk chair. Yikes. Is this cleverness? Or independent attitude? Or natural child developement? Well written, Kyle.

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Robert Welty