Nail Polish

So I just had to share this with everyone because it really shows what a crazy 3 year old I'm dealing with these days (and very lovable too). About a month ago when we were continuing to struggle with potty training, I tried to show her what a treat it would be to get her nails painted and showed her by painting a fingernail. However, she was not in the slightest bit interested in sitting on the potty, no matter the treat.

Then today a prospective student that is staying with us this weekend needed to borrow some nail polish to stop a run. So I got it out and then I didn't put it away. Lillian decided she was interested after all.

At some point she grabbed it and put it in one of her many (did I say many) purses. Unfortunately she has mastered unscrewing whatever - in this case, nail polish. So later I was greeted with the horrible smell and found her checking it out. Later, she managed to sneak it in her purse for our errands this morning. When we got back I had to take it away from her because she had opened it and I saw that it was getting quite messy. Stupidly I left it on the bathroom sink as she watched.

So naptime. About 20 minutes after she went down I heard Jack crying so went to check on him so that he wouldn't wake her up. But...she'd gotten up, gone to the bathroom, collected the nail polish, and crawled back in bed. From there, she proceded to paint her nails (and fingers and hand) until I arrived. She quickly tried to hide under the covers, but the smell was an easy detector. Needless to say, she was not happy when I took it away and tried to wipe off the gunk on her hands. (But she's only 3!!!).


***UPDATE*** She actually did a really good job on her fingernails and toenails.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear blogger: Are you implying something about your husband with this graphic? Remember, he's a victim of Lillian's tyranny too.
Anonymous said…
Ah, but Katie she is but her father all over again. He was constantly sneaking things (primarily sugar and candy treats) into his room to his mother's dismay.
Anonymous said…
Cute posting. Also, "When to spank?" comes to mind, though probably not at this time. If not then, when? This adorable 3 year old? Never?

gp

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Robert Welty