Busy Morning

We were all out the door this morning by 8:30 (Kyle out at 8). Not the natural thing to do on a Saturday morning but we had things to do. Kyle was at Parent's Weekend on campus making himself available to talk with parents regarding their students/ his class. The rest of us headed to a garage sale where I found a lamp and shade, Cars bed sheet for Jack's crib, two sippy cups, and a fake pearl necklace for Lillian all for $3.10. I am always looking for sippy cups and was particularly hoping to find a lamp and shade for my bedside table. And I did.

Next we were just going to drop by the Pharmacy and pick up a prescription for Wesley. Both he and Jack had their check-ups yesterday and are doing great. Wesley is 26 inches and 15 lbs. Jack is 34 inches and 24 lbs.

I changed our plans when I remembered a pond and park I have been wanting to visit with the kids. It was a very cool place with lots of potential (for the fall weather). The park area was a bit neglected but the paths around the pond were nice and Lillian and Jack got in some good racing....1, 2, 3....GO! (This is the park area - though without the shops.) After one run Lillian decided to take a rest in the grass. She quickly hopped up and starting screaming. Unfortunately, she sat down on top of an ant hill and they were all over her. I ran over and started pulling off clothes and shoes. I almost thought about dipping her in the pond, maybe I should have. I am so thankful that Lillian's choice of clothes today included socks, shoes, and long pants, not the flip flops and dresses that she prefers. She still got a lot of bites though it's hard to tell how many (just counted tonight before bed, 35 BITES!! OUCH!!) since they were close together. Surprisingly most of the screaming seemed to come from the fear of it all and not the pain. She didn't complain about it again though I kept asking how she felt scared for an anaphylactic reaction. We cooled down in the pool when we got home and I gave her some benadryl too. Lillian and the boys are all sleeping soundly.

Edit: I just added that I counted her bites tonight. Ever since nap she has been walking around (though mostly not walking) as though she was in her 80s - and had just mowed the yard (that's for you Jane and Grandpa). We had already planned to attend the Baylor football game but I came home after the first quarter with all the kiddos since Lillian was acting so pitiful (and rightly so) even to the point of laying down on the cement bench. Hopefully the swelling will continue to go down overnight. She really was amazing. I've had to endure 3 bites and that was enough for me.

FYI: WATCH OUT FOR ANT HILLS AND DON'T SIT ON THEM OR LET YOUR CHILDREN SIT ON THEM, ESPECIALLY IN TEXAS, 'CAUSE THEY HURT!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This likely was not the best day of her life. :(

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Robert Welty