Red balloon

While I'm sitting at the computer, Lilly is currently outside playing (by herself) on the steps with her newly acquired red balloon (thanks to our local HEB grocery store). These are two things that will keep her occupied for 15 - 30 minutes - the steps and balloons that is. Of course now she has to negotiate the steps while holding onto the string or does she take a step up and then reach back down to retrieve it. All this takes lots of practice and even a comment now and then. She also has the birds and neighbor dogs to distract her. So you see, she has a full afternoon in front of her.

I thought I would mow the lawn today but - I can't believe I'm saying this already - it's too hot. Besides, it's teatime and my iced tea pot is calling.

P.S. I am only 5 steps away and watching her constantly. Besides I'm helping her find her independence, right? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Robert Welty