Old School

This weekend I was able to visit with several good friends in NYC. We had a great time, and I'll post a few pictures in the near future. For now, I want to share this video.

We enjoyed various 'athletic' competitions, including bocce and a number of throwing challenges. This clip was shot during one of our more peculiar events. The challenge was to see who could most authentically duplicate the throwing motion of baseball players in the early 20th century. We were afraid that Jon's age gave him an unfair advantage, and our suspicions were confirmed with his first throw.

Enjoy.



PS: Please comment if Jon's toss brings a particular player or decade to mind.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can do better than a decade: that follow-through screams 1936.
Anonymous said…
As the descendant of two different players in the first half of the twentieth century, I find the comparison between that throw and real athletes to be offensive.

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Robert Welty