Picnic in the park and CHIcargo

The kids and I just got back from a picnic of sorts at the park.  A little eating, a little playing and a little watching other kids play soccer.  There were about 5 different teams practicing.  One coach brought and set up a full size goal - that's a devoted soccer coach for you.  I think most of the teams were between 9 - 12 years old.  I think it'll be a couple years before we are doing this.  The weather is beautiful despite having to turn the a/c on yesterday.

The kids are mostly well.  I took Lillian to the Dr for her poison ivy that was continuing to spread.  While we were there Wesley got his follow up flu shot and a couple other vaccines.  They didn't seem to bother him at all - after the initial 10 second cry anyway.  Of course this always concerns Lillian more, "Am I going to get a shock Mom?"

Alright, bedtime for the boys.  Their dad seems to have left the state again so I guess it's my task. :)

Kyle is suppose to stop by our favorite Thai restaurant and perhaps bring some popcorn home for me.....

I'm sure I've talked about this place before but I can't help myself.  Here's the menu from Joy's Noodles & Rice.  I always got #3 with chicken.  Back then it was $6.25 or maybe even $5.95 - a better deal anyway.  Pei Wei tried to do the Pad See Eiw with their new Bangkok River Noodles but just wasn't the same.  

Waco has a lot (a lot!) of options when it comes to BBQ and hamburgers, not quite as many (or equal quality) when it comes to Asian cuisine.  Oh, but I'm not complaining, just stating the facts.  

 
ps.  I did have fresh sushi tonight from the grocery store that was decent.

Comments

wait a sec - what is Kyle doing in Chicago?? I want Lard Na please! Yep those are good memories.

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Robert Welty