What is a babysitter?





A couple weeks ago over Thanksgiving weekend Kyle and I got away for an extended "date". We found a babysitter (the first time in history) to watch the kids from 1:30 - 11:00 pm! It was her first time babysitting for us and although she'd met me and kids briefly before it was going to be a new experience for all of us.

Kyle and I (joined by David and Mandy) went to the Baylor vs. Texas Tech football game at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium (about 90 minutes away). We left with time for travel, parking and dinner before the game (travel took a little longer since it was Thanksgiving weekend). We were not hopeful about Baylor's chances of winning but were pleasantly surprise with a very competitive game (sorry I don't remember the play by play or even the score). Baylor did end up losing but it was very close. And we had a great time with some great seats.

I decided not to check in on the kids until we were in the car on our way home. Everyone survived, did well even, except for when it was time for Lillian to head to bed. Somehow she knew the old saying "You are not my Mother" and used it well. Jaygen did not fall for it and when we finally got home the kids were safe and sound in bed.

It really was great to get away and have some fun with friends for an afternoon and evening. Maybe we'll do it again, though maybe we should find a bit cheaper idea. I highly recommend a babysitter for any of those that have not tried it yet.

Comments

Becky said…
I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to visit the new Cowboys Stadium. Looks pretty awesome! (Sorry about the outcome of the game, though!)

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Robert Welty