I am a mother

I had a great Mother's Day weekend! Saturday morning I had breakfast in bed with yummy coffee, beautiful fruit salad, and 2 egg, bacon, cheese english muffins. It was great. Wes sat and smiled next to me and I listened to Kyle run around feeding the two kids and me. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to their demands from another part of the house knowing that they expected nothing from me that morning. Now, if we could just make this a weekly tradition...monthly maybe? Oh, okay, I'll settle for the Mother's Day tradition.

Lillian presented me with a card this morning. It had a heart cut out (which she gave to me separately) and she had written a couple notes. My favorite part though was the family of 5 that she drew. Children's first people drawings are the best. She's so good at it.

A great thing about being a mother is realizing what a wonderful mother I had. I'm so amazed with her in so many ways. Now I just need to go for a visit so that some (more) of it will rub off on me. Coming soon Mom!

I know on Mother's Day I should probably post a photo of myself with the kids. I need to take some more plus, I'm on the wrong computer currently.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Katie, Thank you for giving us a glimpse of your Mother's Day celebration! Love, Aunt Barbara
Mary Mac said…
love love the fam picture
Way to go, Kyle and kiddos! So did everyone also get dressed and out the door in time for church?
hulahannah said…
It was fun talking to you last night! I looked at your friend's blog who has a chubby Samuel too, and his feet are awesome!! He definitely has more hair than your nephew Samuel, but they are both cute and chubby for sure!

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Robert Welty