Bug relief


Last week Lillian decided to play next to an fire ant hill when we were outside doing the laundry. Before I could stop her they had called on to her hand and feet. I sat her in a cool bath to relieve some of the pain. However, 30 minutes later each bite (all 15 of them) was the size of a quarter and they have yet to heal completely. So we were outside again today and she ended up in the same spot - my fault for not giving her a teaching lesson last week and then for not preventing it today. But she had about 4 bites from one ant and it was obviously giving her pain. Tuesday David & Mandy had given her the Burt Bees Bug Relief so we tried it out today. I am pleased to say - an hour later - that the bites are gone. Yeah! Thanks D & M - and I strongly recommend this esp. for those living in Texas with around-the-year bugs - mosquitos and fire ants.

PS. Burt Bees is made in Durham!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Careful, mom, or Dept of Social Services scouts will spot you shirking your sweet scallywag!

gsh
Becky said…
I had never experienced a fire ant bite until I moved to Texas. I was standing in a sand volleyall court and they came up and bit me between my toes. Ouch! I thought the bites would go away right away but they last probably a week. I wish I had known about Burt's Bees then! (And I didn't know Burt's Bees was made in Durham!)

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Robert Welty