Staying at home gets us into Trouble

We are at home today because Jack has a bad cold and Kyle needed the van. Plus I'm constantly trying to win the battle vs. the house in cleanliness. The house has been winning since Jack was born. But I'm going to conquer before May comes!

We had our lunch outside because it is absolutely (really really) perfect today. As usual Wes was occupying the swinig and after getting fussy I decided the fleece full onesie was probably too warm. So what did I do, strip him down to just the birthday suit. Of course, he took advantage on the situation by peeing all over me and the phone and himself. At this point I realized he definitely needed a bath. The duckie bath is my favorite but I think it's best outside. Wes loved it, I think he could have enjoyed another 30 minutes.

Wow, this boy is chubby!



Since Jack always makes a mess at mealtime (and it'd been awhile since he'd been cleaned) I stuck him in too.



When I set the kids free after naptime, Jack quickly found the water that I had forgotten to toss. He sat there for at least 15 minutes and then I dried him out in the sun.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Babies Don’t Keep
by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren’t his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.
-----------------------------
Kiss your babies for me.
Love,
Aunt Barbara
Thanks Barbara - that is an encouragement when I look at my messy house after spending all morning at the park with them!

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Robert Welty