Let's go to the fair!

 



We finally made it to our county fair.  The fairgrounds are a quarter mile from our house so it's bit of a shame that this is the first year.  

Our first stop was the barnyard area.  We saw piglets, lots of them with their huge mom laying in the corner.  We petted a mini-donkey and looked at ducklings all squashed together.  Lillian and Jack went into the petting area while Wes and I watched.  I can't wait to do this again at the World Hunger FARM day in early November and then at the Homestead Heritage  Farm Day the day after Thanksgiving.  These animal strangely were from southern Oregon.  

The kids did decent watching the rodeo.  We managed to stay for  45 minutes and watched bareback riding, mutton bustin', and calf ropin'.  It was fun to watch.

Mostly we just walked around and saw the sights.  Lillian and I did go on the Ferris Wheel.  It surprised me how nervous I got - it is pretty high up there.  And my stomach twirled a bit from all the spinning.  Good thing I didn't go on any real rides. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Robert Welty